EMC Clariion (CX and CX3) (included iSCSI concepts)Contact Akibia Sales
Course Code: AK6100
You may enroll by calling Jack Tisdale at 508-621-4937 or email email@example.com..
Our EMC Clariion Array Course will prepare students to trouble shoot and maintain the Clariion CX and CX3 series Disk Arrays. In this course, students will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to identify and understand various array configurations, initialize an array via serial connection, and use the Navisphere management interface via out–of–band connection. Special attention is given to critical maintenance procedures such as controller replacements and disk replacement strategies for various RAID implementations. Meta Volumes are also discussed and explored.
This hardware maintenance course is intended for field service and support personnel.
This course uses active learning to involve the students in their classroom learning and to develop practices that will encourage continuous self–learning. Students will meet the course objectives through interactive classroom discussion, focused lab exercises, self–guided research, and scenario–based troubleshooting.
Akibia’s Fibre Channel & Storage Area Concepts Course or equivalent experience is desirable. Knowledge of computer hardware/software components and experience troubleshooting computer systems is required.
The course includes the following products:
- EMC Clariion CX array
- EMC Clariion CX3
- iSCSI concepts
At course completion, students will be able to:
- Identify all major array components.
- Understand common array configurations and why this is important in determining parts replacement strategies.
- Understand the "back-end" module cabling and identification schemes.
- Initialize a Clariion disk array over a serial connection.
- Understand and utilize the Navisphere array management interface to interrogate and maintain the array.
- Perform and interpret data collections for the purpose of diagnosing and maintaining the array.
- Identify and locate the various components of a Meta Volume for the purposes of accurately diagnosing and servicing Meta Volume disk drive issues.
- Perform controller replacements while preserving array configuration settings and data on disk.
- Perform disk drive replacements.