iSCSI and Fibre Channel Storage Area Network (SAN) SolutionsContact Akibia Sales
Length: 5 days
Course Code: AK2901
You may enroll by calling Jack Tisdale at 508-621-4937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course has been developed for IT professionals who are responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the storage infrastructure. The course will be a mixture of lecture, discussions, demonstrations and labs focusing on enabling attendees to gain and maintain the requisite knowledge for successful design and implementation of Storage solutions. The primary objective of the course is to introduce students to best practices for installing and configuring iSCSI and Fibre Channel storage solutions.
Students should have:
- A firm knowledge of Enterprise hardware and software products
- A basic understanding of networking technologies
- A Fundamental understanding of virtualization concepts
The course guides students through installing, configuring and maintaining an iSCSI infrastructure and a Fibre Channel infrastructure. Both iSCSI and Fibre Channel storage platforms will be provided for hands-on labs.
At course completion, students will be able to:
- Identify Storage Area Network business drivers and benefits
- Discuss technology improvements like 10GbE and Microsoft Windows 2008 for IP Storage implementations
- Compare and contrast iSCSI vs. FC Storage Area Networks (SANs)
- Discuss performance implications when running applications over iSCSI and FC transports
- Describe the steps required to set up an iSCSI infrastructure
- Build a Fibre Channel storage infrastructure
- Explain advanced snapshot and replication technologies for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery implementations
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of implementing Fibre Channel and iSCSI storage in a virtualization environment