IBM 7133 Disk SubsystemsContact Akibia Sales
Course Code: AK5101
You may enroll by calling Jack Tisdale at 508-621-4937 or email email@example.com.
Our IBM SSA Course explores SSA architecture preparing students to trouble shoot and maintain the IBM SSA storage subsystems. In this course, students will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to identify and understand various storage subsystem configurations.
This course is intended for field service and support personnel.
This course uses active learning to involve the students in their classroom learning and to develop practices that will encourage continuous self–learning. Students will meet the course objectives through interactive classroom discussion, focused lab exercises, self–guided research, and scenario–based troubleshooting.
Akibia’s UNIX Fundamentals Course or equivalent experience in the UNIX environment is desirable. Knowledge of computer hardware/software components and experience troubleshooting computer systems is required.
The course includes the following products:
- IBM SSA 7133–20
- IBM SSA 7133–40
At course completion, students will be able to:
- Identify all major array components.
- Understand common subsystem configurations and why this is important in determining parts replacement strategies.
- Perform and interpret data collections for the purpose of diagnosing and maintaining the subsystem.
- Utilize host based AIX commands and utilities for the purpose of diagnosing and maintaining the subsystem.
- Perform subsystem component replacements.
- Perform manual and automated disk drive replacements.