Sun StorEdge 6140Contact Akibia Sales
Course Code: AK4102
You may enroll by calling Jack Tisdale at 508-621-4937 or email email@example.com.
Our Sun StorEdge 6140 Disk Array Course will prepare students to trouble shoot and maintain the Sun StorEdge 6140 Disk Array and the Sun StorEdge 2540 Disk Array. In this course, students will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to identify and understand various array configurations, set up and use Sun’s Common Array Manager application (CAM). An introduction to the Command Line Interface (CLI) is included. Special attention is given to critical maintenance procedures such as controller replacements and disk replacement strategies for various RAID implementations.
This course is intended for field service and support personnel.
This course uses active learning to involve the students in their classroom learning and to develop practices that will encourage continuous self–learning. Students will meet the course objectives through interactive classroom discussion, focused lab exercises, self–guided research, and scenario–based troubleshooting.
Akibia’s UNIX Fundamentals Course or equivalent experience in the UNIX environment is desirable. Knowledge of computer hardware/software components and experience troubleshooting computer systems is required.
The course includes the following products:
- Sun StorEdge 6140 Disk Array
- Sun StorEdge 2540 Disk Array
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Identify all major array components.
- Understand common array configurations and why this is important in determining parts replacement strategies.
- Establish and utilize Sun’s Common Array Management application via an out–of–band session with over an IP connection.
- Explore the command line maintenance interface.
- Perform and interpret data collections for the purpose of diagnosing and maintaining the array.
- Perform controller replacements while preserving array configuration settings and data on disk.
- Perform array firmware upgrades and downgrades.
- Perform disk drive replacements.
- Restore lost or corrupted configuration settings.